Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Vacuuming at 1:56 am is a perfectly normal thing to do

Vacuuming at 1:56 am is a perfectly normal thing to do

Melissa thought it was the funniest thing on Saturday night, well about 1:56 am Sunday morning, when I decided everyone was awake- I should vacuum. It was a long time coming. I had been working toward the goal of vacuuming all day. It seemed only natural to me to accomplish the goal. That is one thing off the to do list.

I woke up at 7:16 am Saturday, very motivated to do dishes, clean the bathrooms and vacuum. Slight problem. Everyone else seemed to think the weekend was a time to sleep in. So instead of doing the cleaning which was bound to wake someone up, I checked my email, read the handbook on the family (which mentioned cleaning), ate breakfast, worked on organizing photos, then decided I couldn’t take it anymore. I had to wake someone up. I decided the humans should still sleep, I would wake the dog. Madison I don’t feel guilty about waking up. Madison and I decided to go on a walk. We walked toward Kirk and Rachel’s house, but turned back when we found out Rachel was at the gym with her sister Sara for her Zumba class. (We could see her house at that point.) When we got back from our walk, I started measuring the ingredients for pancakes with Madison in her beggar spot. Finally there was nothing left to do; I had to wake the humans. It was about 11:30 when I let Madison charge into the bedroom to wake up Jeremy. Jeremy seemed alright with it when he realized pancakes were involved. Paul and Melissa liked the pancake idea too. We all ate breakfast together. Jeremy made fried eggs to accompany the meal.

When I told them that I wanted to vacuum but hadn’t because they were sleeping they confirmed that letting them sleep was the right thing to do. Melissa told me that if I had vacuumed that early in the morning she would have hated me.

So naturally when I found out everyone was awake I decided to stop ironing (Which I was doing as Jeremy practiced Mavis Beacon typing, and then as Melissa, Jeremy, and I were visiting) and start vacuuming. I was really glad I did. I filled up the entire tank with dirt and hair. I only vacuumed downstairs. I think I need to vacuum more. Melissa sent me a text at 1:56 “you are the funniest person ever”. I think she was surprised when I decided to finish what I had been trying to do all day. I couldn’t see why, but I’m glad the thinks I’m funny.

2 comments:

mablebrown said...

You are funny Carol! But I'm glad you got your list done. That always feels good.

Rachel said...

Hahahaha. I love you Carol.