Out of sheer desperation from bar study, I've turned to craft projects. Sure, craft projects are great--it's just not EVERYTHING life should be about. I mean, why would you want a craft project to be the ONLY thing you ever accomplish outside of getting out of bed in the morning--at the end of the day--it's still just a card, napkin, scrapbook, etc. I respect competence, not boredom. And no Martha Stewart does not fall into this description, because she built an amazing business empire--not just a card.
Unfortunately, now craft projects are the only thing I am able to accomplish in my life right now. Sure, I listen to bar lectures and take practice tests and questions until I want to poke my eyes out; but it doesn't feel like I'm getting anything done. ENTER CRAFT PROJECTS. I can finish a craft project. I can't attest to the crafts as satisfying my competence requirement.
The college box

ticket from music concert in Vienna; my host family knew one of the performers + a graduation tassel
The Bermuda shadow box

A sand dollar from Bermuda; given to me by my grandparents. Bermuda was always a symbol of their love and commitment to each other
The bride box

My bridal shower invitation (loved it); my endowment slip and my baby slipper.
Baby shadow box

My hospital papers and a baby sock from my mom; I wore my mother's baby blessing outfit for my baby blessing so it's doubly important.
love box

My award winning love bookmark (created when I was in preschool), a love note from Steve, and the number 5 (we were married on the 5th) that was framed and used to number tables for our wedding luncheon.
After I finished the shadow boxes, I decided that they would look better if I had lined the boxes or items with fancy fabric or scrapbook paper. OH WELL! I don't have time to go to the store to fix them.