Saturday, May 3, 2008
Moving
Ok, so I was supposed to move today. After work Melissa and I went up the Harmon property management, gave them the first months rent, and got the keys. We then went and did a walk though of the place taking note of some things and planning on where to put some of our stuff. We had to go, Melissa had work, and I needed to watch Lord of the Rings with Jeremy for a while... Anyway, I started packing my stuff in boxes (throwing everything into something resembling a pile in random boxes). If you don't understand my packing, just ask Jeremy, he doesn't understand either and he helped the whole time... Well, I finally got it all packed up and loaded in the truck and trailer (about half of my room, the truck wasn't full). Carol, Jeremy and I then headed off to Fedex to visit Melissa for a bit, then we went to my new place. When we got there the door wouldn't open, the keys weren't right. The locks had been changed after we got the keys to the place (around 12:40) and when we started moving junk in (around 7). I was pissed. I called Harmon, got their msg system. Knocked on a few doors and found someone home, I then asked for the maintenance number for Harmon, which turned out to be virtually worthless. Anyway, I called both numbers and left messages. I decided to have a locksmith (Jeremy) open the door for me (after calling Billco); it took him about 3 seconds a lock, now that's impressive. So, we got in there and found that the sink drain was dripping, the electricity was on (didn't take long at least), and there were dings and dents in the wall that Melissa and I didn't see on our first pass (no electricity first time through). Anyway, all and all I hate Harman and I haven't even moved a box in yet. I had to go back home and cover my stuff with a tarp (Jeremy actually covered it). I hate moving...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
is there any way to back out of the contract? If they are so bad with moving in you shouldn't stay there! Don't move in!
Post a Comment